Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 27, 2014

The New Kits Are Here! Take a Peek at Bluegrass Farm + Free Cut Files

http://www.studiocalico.com/kits/bluegrass-farm?aff=7ded1832
If you're a Studio Calico subscriber, the April {Bluegrass Farm} kits are now available!

It's no secret the the Bluegrass Farm card kit is one of my favorite of all time.  Here are some projects I made using the kits:
I talked about using letterpress inks with my stamps in this post & the card above is an example of that.  I love the gorgeous, bold colors & the blendable shades that you can achieve with this type of ink.  A little ink goes a long way & I had a little leftover green after stamping the stems.  Instead of wasting the ink, I decided to roll it out (with a brayer) onto a scrap piece of cardstock.  It ended up coming in really handy!

I used the new Wonky Diamond craft die with the inked cardstock to make the berry basket above. 
For the card above, I used the same stamps but with the new Color Theory ink pads.   If you can snag the new Fruit Punch craft dies, I think you'll really love them.  They coordinate perfectly with the stamp set in the card kit & make layered cards so easy!
http://www.studiocalico.com/kits/craft-die-fruit-punch?aff=7ded1832
I cut strips of the woodgrain patterned paper from the card kit to make a crate for the fruit to sit in.
I designed some free cut files that you can use with your Silhouette for these next cards.  If you don't have a Silhouette, I included PDF files so that you can print them out & create your own pattern to hand-cut.

The tiny clothespins in the card above are from the Clarabelle card kit add-on.  They're just the perfect size for hanging these baby goodies on the line!
There are so many great new digital projects in the shop right now!  I used this cut file set by In a Creative Bubble for the card above along with the Wonky Hearts die to create the felt heart center.  (The Wonky Hearts die coordinates with the Clarabelle stamp set.)
  
There's also a really cool stamp set/craft die combo called Buttercup that was designed by JJ Bolton.  I used it on several of my projects.  It comes with cool frames, paint splatters, stars... need I say more?
  Here's a card I made using the set:
 And finally, here is another project I made using a letterpress inked background.  The blue panel started out as plain white cardstock.  I love how rich the color became!  I heat embossed my images & sentiment over the top of it & then added some hand stitching.
If you would like specific links to the products I used on each card above, you can find my Studio Calico gallery here.

I hope you are able to snag some kits this month!  I know you're going to love them!

1 comment :

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover