Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Mar 30, 2014

Video: Album Envelopes

I love adding envelopes to my albums to hold extra memorabilia, photos, or hidden journaling.  I made a quick video to show you how you can create your own!


If you haven't tried out the Envelope Punch Board, it's such a great tool!  There are measurements printed on the board that show you how to make envelopes in almost any size imaginable.
http://www.studiocalico.com/shop/other-tools/we-r-memory-keepers-envelope-tool?aff=7ded1832
To make my envelope, I used the new Color Theory patterned paper as well as some adhesive backed Velcro dots.
http://www.studiocalico.com/shop/paper--2/color-theory-12x12-paper-pack?aff=7ded1832

I designed a set of Attachers dies for Studio Calico that can be applied to envelopes or anything else you'd like to attach in your albums.  One of the dies fits the Handbook albums & the other can be used in any type of ring album.
As you saw in the video, I added double sided adhesive sheets to a scrap of fabric which added stability & allowed me to attach it really easily to the envelope.
http://www.studiocalico.com/shop/specialty-media/double-sided-adhesive?aff=7ded1832
You might also want to try adhesive backed cardstock or even adhesive backed canvas sheets along with the dies.  Of course, you can always use your adhesive of choice or stitch the attachers in place as well.

I hope you give envelope making a try!  :)

2 comments :

  1. Very cute Julie! You are just so clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the size of envelope you made. The binder ring is super cute with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover