Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jul 29, 2014

Studio Calico's Sandlot is Here!

We just got back from sunny Florida & I think I still have vacation brain.  (By the way, can I tell you how challenging it is to get my teenager to smile?  Sigh...)  I'm a couple of days behind, but I wanted to share the new August kits with you from Studio Calico!
Take a peek at Sandlot:

If you're like me & enjoy cute, whimsical stamps... you're going to LOVE the Sandlot card kit.  The bubblegum machine is the perfect size for a card front, but it's large enough to use on scrapbooking layouts or party decor & still stand on its own.
The kit comes with both bright & vibrant patterned paper/embellishments as well as soft & pastel.  

I really love the school themed patterns mixed in the kit.  The great thing is, if you don't have school-aged kids, the patterns are neutral enough to be used in many other ways.  (The card above uses the pencil patterned paper.)
If you like more of a romantic, elegant style then the Squints add-on is for you!  It comes with a beautiful, layerable stamp set & sentiments that coordinate with wood veneer pieces.
http://www.studiocalico.com/kits/squints?aff=7ded1832
 I made this bouquet by stamping several flowers & adding them to a cone that I made with a square of vellum.
For those of you who have kids getting ready to start school (Ours start next week!  Crazy!) you'll definitely want to check out the Teacher's Pet stamp/die set.
http://www.studiocalico.com/kits/stamp-and-die-set-to-be-named?aff=7ded1832
 I make a lot of school themed cards.  They're perfect for sneaking into lunch boxes & backpacks... but they also are handy for schmoozing teachers.  ;)  (I'm not going to lie.  When you have a house filled with boys, especially a little mischievous one, it's always good to have a card on hand.  Those teachers need all of the encouragement they can get!)
Here are a couple of my other favorites from this month:

These Kraft Daily Envelopes stole my heart.  They're 3x4" & perfect for Project Life®.  I think they'd also make great focal points on cards & are the perfect size to hold gift cards.  I ordered two sets.  I couldn't help myself.
 Another thing that I'm REALLY excited about are these Color Theory acrylic paints.  I recently shared a video on how to create a stained glass effect with stamps on the Studio Calico blog & I can't wait to have all of these colors to work with!
http://www.studiocalico.com/shop/color-theory--2/color-theory-acrylic-bundle?aff=7ded1832
 Thanks for stopping by!  You can find all of the new releases here & a gallery FILLED with ideas from the creative team here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover